Zoom H6 now available
The newly announced Zoom H6 is now available for order.
The device is Zoom’s first handheld audio recorder offering an interchangeable mic system; with 4 XLR inputs (up to 6 optional), a digital colour display, and powered by 4 AA batteries.
As a H4N user, the above 3 features are significant upgrades. The H4N suffered terribly from poor power management. A phantom powered shotgun mic like the NTG-3 could deteriorate the battery life in minutes. The H6 boasts up to 20 hours operation. If it’s half of that in the real world, this is great news.
The manual dials per channel are also a nice feature. No more fiddling around with side buttons that are assigned to all channels.
Here are a few more features:
• The world’s first handy recorder with interchangeable mic system
• XY mics capture remarkable stereo depth and clarity
• Mid-side mics provide continuously variable stereo width
• Four XLR/TRS inputs for external mic/line connections
• Up to six channels of simultaneous recording
• High-definition audio of up to 24-bit/96kHz
• 6-in/2-out USB audio interface
• Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA batteries
• Supports SDXC memory cards up to 128GB
• Optional Shotgun mic and external XLR/TRS inputs available
• Optional Hot Shoe Mount to attach your H6 to a DSLR video camera
This device looks very promising, with the many more input options it already makes a worthy upgrade to it’s predecessor . I can see this being a big player in the wedding industry.