The Sony NEX-VG900 – new very competitive large sensor cam!
Here’s a large sensor camera that has been rumored to exist during the last weeks. Now it is real: The Sony NEX-VG900.
full frame 35mm sensor,
In their press-release they say “Latest Interchangeable Lens Video Camera Allows Virtually Limitless Creative Expression”. Let’s have a look shall we.
Most important features at a glance:
– It has a full frame 35mm sensor (yes, full frame like 5D)
– it can do 24MP RAW stills (yes it does)
– 24p CinemaTone Gamma™ & CinemaTone Color™
– 60p slomo mode in FullHD
– AVCHD 2.0 codec
– a zoom rocker for smooth zooming with compatible zoom-lenses (!!! yipieee)
– when an APS-C lens is on it auto-switches to APS-C mode (whoa nice!)
– powerful lowlight performance
– dedicated one-touch focus magnify button
– hotshoe for XLR adaptor add-on
– 4 channel mic for 5.1 surround recording
Wait a second, is it April fools day? No it’s not. This is a legit press release from Sony and on paper this camera looks absolutely stunning.
The “Handycam” NEX-VG900 35mm full-frame camcorder (body-only) with LA-EA3 adaptor will be available in November for about $3,300.
That announcement will surely make many people hold off on their C100 pre-orders. Looking forward to see that VG900 camera in action.
TALK ABOUT THIS IN OUR NEW, DEDICATED NEX-VG900 FORUM: LINK