Mitch over at Planet 5D has steeped up his game and is going to interview Trammell Hudson, the man behind the Magic Lantern hack. I am sure that the members of C5D will have some great questions. Please join the conversation. How about adding manual audio to the Canon 7D for one? Details here.
Here is a rip from the Planet 5D website.
Yes, that’s right, Trammell Hudson – author of Magic Lantern firmware will be ourplanet5Dlive interview guest on Sunday January 30th at 9pm EST and if you join our liveUStream broadcast, you get to ask some of the questions!
Renny Hayes posted this video on the Magic Latern Firmware Hack on Vimeo.
Philip Bloom is reporting a Magic Lantern Firmware Hack for the Canon Rebel T2i/550D. There is also quite a lot of discussion here on the Cinema 5D Forum. I highly recommend being very cautious with any type of hack prior to any paid work. Here is a rip from his site with the added features from the Firmware Hack. Thank you Trammell Hudson, how about the 7D next?
Click here to download the firmware hack.
▪ GUI menus: press the ERASE button to display them
▪ Bit rate control (QScale parameter) for the H.264 encoder
▪ Zebra stripes for overexposed / underexposed areas
▪ Spotmeter, histogram
▪ Cropmarks (16:9, Cinemascope, Fisheye)
▪ Simple intervalometer
▪ Trap Focus: camera takes a picture when something comes in focus
▪ Wireless trigger with the LCD face sensor & your own hand
▪ AE bracketing (like on 5D2 ML)
▪ Rack focus
▪ Stack focus (Live View only)
▪ Lens data computation
▪ Onscreen audio meters
▪ Manual audio gain, selectable input source, disable AGC and digital filters
▪ Display time remaining during video recording
▪ Debug functions (display CMOS temperature, screenshot, logging)
1. How would you describe yourself?
I’m a computer programmer who happens to have an interest in Photography.
2. Why did you get into independent film making?
“Why” is a harder question than “how”? Like most everyone else,I saw “Reverie” and knew that I had to get a 5D. I didn’t have any Creative vision or film that I wanted to make, so I joined a team For the DC 48 Hour Film Project and things just snowballed from there.
3. What made you want to design the Magic Lantern Firmware?