Photo by: DP Review
I just got word of this new entry level camera by Canon from DP Review. It looks like the new Canon Rebel T3/ EOS 1100D will only have 1280 X 720 video according to the press release. I could not find any pricing yet. Here is a rip from DP Review.
Click here to check it out.
“Canon has unveiled the 1100D entry-level DSLR. Built around a 12MP CMOS sensor and the latest Digic 4 processor, the new baby-Rebel is also capable of 720p HD movie recording. It gains the 9-point AF sensor previously used in more expensive models and the iFCL color-sensitive metering sensor first seen in the EOS 7D. It also gains the Basic+ non-technical interface that allows creative control without specialist photography knowledge. The camera will be sold either with the revised, version II 18-55mm IS lens or an updated Mark III non-stabilized version.”
▪ 12MP CMOS sensor
▪ 9-point AF system (up from 7 on the 1000D)
▪ 63-area iFCL color-sensitive metering (from EOS 7D)
▪ 720p movie recording at 30 or 25fps (H.264 compression) “Could be UK Specs.(24fps in the USA?)”
▪ 2.7″ LCD, 230,000 dots
▪ ISO 100-6400 (no expansion)
▪ Basic+ creative point-and-shoot mode
▪ Eye-Fi wireless SD card compatible menu options