Sony “Missing Link” Camera Press Conference LIVE Stream
Sony is likely releasing a new camera today that will come in somewhere between their FS700 and FS7 cameras. They teased it with the image below …
We are live streaming the event from the press conference which starts at 9 am CET / 8 am GMT. This post will also be live updated as the event happens with information and thoughts, please refresh this page frequently!
– Things are almost ready to get started on the Sony #missinglink conference, we have team members both on the IBC floor and watching from a far to bring you the latest news. We’ll be updating this article as and when news is announced.
– Alternatively follow us on twitter for the important bits!
– And we’re live, the compere takes to the stage to introduce us to IBC 2015.
– Katsunori Yamanouchi Vice President of Sony is on stage.
– Adam Fry, Head of Media Solutions is now up top. talking about the wow factor of recent Sony 4K application. No meaty goods just yet.
– He’s talking about the current 4K broadcast HDC-4300 and it’s involvement in the Champions League final this year.
– Now onto the Sony FS7, new camera imminent…
– PXW FS5 has been announced! we have a name
– 0.8kg weight.
– Electronic ND
– Snap off handle like FS7
– Screen looks very similar to FS7 but more twist action
– It’ll also have S-log 3 and raw via output.
– ohh another camera. A7S mark II
– 4K internal as expected. and talk about high ISO performance, probably picking up where the A7R II lets off.
– We’re moving ono a dynamic range monitor now. Look nice on a screen through a camera broadcasted and streamed on an iMac retina…
– Here’s what the FS5 looks like
– The weight of this could be great for gimbal work.
– We’re onto OB trucks in the room, let’s talk more about the cameras for now.
– As predicted the FS5 will sit right between the FS7 and FS700 for now.
– No long adjustable arm like the FS7, but probably a good thing as it leaves third party companies to specialise specifically in that piece, the Sony attempt for the FS7 was pretty poor.
– We’ll grab some more info on the A7S mark II from the floor, it was literally on stage for a minute whilst Sony struggled to take a picture of it (they forgot to turn it on :) )
– Some more pics:
And that’s a wrap! Check out our specific FS5 article for more info the camera