Reminder – Give Your Work a Stage on cinema5D – Talent Feature
As part of our aim to strengthen the connection between us and our readers, we decided to try something new and give the many passionate talented people out there a stage to express themselves and share their success stories . In this on-going initiative, we will feature a guest post written by you, every Sunday. Forrest and Zaynah Pando were the first to be featured on our site, followed by Arnaud Blin.
The aim of those posts is to expose you and your work – and how you got there – to the many people out there. The aim is to share your experience, so others can benefit from getting to know you just a little bit better.
If you are interested in becoming part of this initiative, please follow the following steps:
– Upload your work to our VIDEOLOG and send the link to it to johnnie@cinema5D.com.
– Include at least two behind-the-scenes photo of yourself taken while shooting, plus a representative still from the work you submitted to us. (please don’t submit photos of equipment only).
– Summarize your professional activity in about 100 words. That will serve as the opening paragraph describing who you are and what you do.
– Reply (in details when possible) to the questions below:
- Currently based in (country/town)?
- Language(s) spoken?
- How did you get started in our industry?
- Current assignments?
- What types of productions do you mostly shoot?
- What is your dream assignment / job in our industry and what are you really passionate about?
- In the work that you are presenting us, now that it is done, what would you have done differently throughout the production?
- What current camera, lenses and sound equipment do you use?
- What’s is your favorite light equipment and why did you choose that kit over other solutions?
- Do you use drones/gimbals in your productions? If yes, what is the most effective why you’ve found in deploying then?
- What editing systems do you use?
- How much of your work do you shoot in Log and what is your preferred way of colour correcting?
- How frequently are you traveling and do you have any tips when it comes to packing your gear?
The submission is open to anyone who is actively working in our industry. If you are a professional who is not a cameraman and like to participate, please feel free to adjust the questions so it fits your niche of our industry or simply drop me a line and I’ll amend our questions.
Last but not least, we reserve the right to choose what and when to publish or when to stop this initiative.