New feature upgrades coming for Cinema EOS cameras
The successful line of cinema EOS camera that currently includes the C100, C300 and C500 will receive some updates during Q4 2013.
Here’s what we’re going to see:
CONCERNING ALL C CAMERAS:
– ISO range will be upgraded to go until 80,000 (currently 20,000, meaning additional stops).
– magnify portion will be movable through whole image like on DSLR’s.
– compatibility with GPS module.
– and some other minor updates.
CONCERNING EOS C500:
– In addition to the existing BT.709 gamut, the C500 will receive new DCI-P3+ and Cinema Gamut options.
– The C500 will get 120fps option at a resolution of 4096×1080.
– Aiding on-set monitoring, it will be possible to output a 2K signal from the MON.2 terminal
– The automatic fan mode has been further enhanced so fan doesn’t start during recording…
CONCERNING EOS C300:
– C300 getting C100’s wide DR gamma. (Useful for filmmakers working on tight schedules –> less flat gamma).
– support for the EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens (autofocus)
CONCERNING EOS 1DC:
– display of current aperture (f-number) when shooting with Canon EF Cinema lenses
– storing metadata of these lenses
– Currently audio recording is limited to a mic input, but will be enhanced to selection of Line or Mic.
additional detailed information on the Canon website: LINK