NAB 2014 – Sony’s announcements
From Sony’s NAB 2014 announcements:
– Sony adds shoulder mount to its F5/F55 4K camera to make it be used as a ENG camera – plus F5 can be upgraded to become an F55
– Sony’s F5 and F55 Add Unprecedented Flexibility with the Addition of ProRes Recording (Future Hardware Upgrade Option)
ProRes files will be stored and recorded internally to the F5 and F55 via Sony’s SxS PRO+ memory cards, which were specially designed to handle mission-critical applications. Compared to competitive card formats, Sony’s SxS PRO+ cards are far less prone to file corruption due to their advanced design, robustness and sustained writing speeds of 187MB/s.
– Avid DNxHD Codec Addition Further Enhances Sony’s F5 and F55 Performance and Flexibility.
The DNxHD files will be stored in the easy-to-manage MXF OP-1a wrapper, and recorded on-board to Sony’s SxS PRO+ memory card format, which was specially designed to handle mission-critical production applications. Compared to competitive card formats, Sony’s SxS PRO+ cards are far less prone to file corruption due to their advanced design, robustness and sustained writing speeds of 187MB/s.
Supported operating points for the DNxHD codec are currently under discussion with AVID, and Sony continues to assess market requirements until release of the optional hardware upgrade.
Sony A7S announced!
full frame 4K camera with 120fps in 720P (Internal recording is only up to HD. For 4K recording an external recorder is needed)!
– High sensitivity ISO up to 400,000
– 4K HDMI output
– High Quality HD recording without pixel binning!
– XAVC S 50 Mbps
– Optional XLR audio input
For our entire NAB 2014 coverage, click here.