Following my own “rule” that “what doesn’t fit my bag stays behind”, I was searching for a small yet powerful replacement for my traditional 1×1 LED light. The Cineroid LM400 proved to be perfect. It is powerful, has a CRI of 92 and is very easy to pack. In fact, if you have 3 of those, you can travel light knowing most if not all your documentary lighting requirements will be fulfilled.
The main strengths of the Cineroid LM400 light:
- Extremely compact yet powerful
- Built-In 30-Step Dimmer
- 120° Beam Angle
- Variable colour temperature
- DMX Compatible
- Durable metal body
- 4 x 1/4″-20 Mounting Holes
- Can easily be defused
- Buttons are a bit flimsy
- The readout windows are on top making difficult to control
- The Yoke is easy to bend and “lock position” is not “locked” (Cineroid informed me that they revised the yoke and it is now thicker and harder to bend).
- Diffuser can be at times hard to install.
All in all it is an excellent light that comes at a price. If you can justify purchasing it, go for it.