Metabones Firmware Update EF-E Adapters
A new Metabones firmware update for EF-E adapters has been released earlier this week. It applies to the following products:
- EF-E Smart AdapterTM MARK IV (model MB_EF-E-BM4 / MB_EF-E-BT4)
- EF-E Speed BoosterTM ULTRA (model MB_SPEF-E-BM2 / MB_SPEF-E-BT2)
- Easier user interface to select between Green and Advanced mode in Metabones App. Separate settings for newer and older cameras (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
- Fix operation of Kenko Pro300 DGX (green dot) stacked on EF Extender III.
- Option to park focus to infinity upon shutdown to shorten its length for storage (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster). Some lenses may disregard this setting and
never park focus. Most of these are internal focus lenses which do not require parking. STM lenses always observe the option setting.
- Faster shutdown time for IS lenses.
- Option to close down the aperture or leave it where it is when camera shuts down (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
- Option to let camera body decide whether OIS, IBIS or a combination thereof shall be selected (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
- AF accuracy improvement for subjects near infinity.
- Fixed autocrop of Sigma 50-100/1.8 DC HSM Art 016.
- Stability improvement.
- Fixed issue with Tamron VC USD where autofocus may occasionally become inoperative.