Magic Lantern Firmware Hack For The Canon Rebel T2i/550D.
Renny Hayes posted this video on the Magic Latern Firmware Hack on Vimeo.
Philip Bloom is reporting a Magic Lantern Firmware Hack for the Canon Rebel T2i/550D. There is also quite a lot of discussion here on the Cinema 5D Forum. I highly recommend being very cautious with any type of hack prior to any paid work. Here is a rip from his site with the added features from the Firmware Hack. Thank you Trammell Hudson, how about the 7D next?
▪ GUI menus: press the ERASE button to display them
▪ Bit rate control (QScale parameter) for the H.264 encoder
▪ Zebra stripes for overexposed / underexposed areas
▪ Spotmeter, histogram
▪ Cropmarks (16:9, Cinemascope, Fisheye)
▪ Simple intervalometer
▪ Trap Focus: camera takes a picture when something comes in focus
▪ Wireless trigger with the LCD face sensor & your own hand
▪ AE bracketing (like on 5D2 ML)
▪ Rack focus
▪ Stack focus (Live View only)
▪ Lens data computation
▪ Onscreen audio meters
▪ Manual audio gain, selectable input source, disable AGC and digital filters
▪ Display time remaining during video recording
▪ Debug functions (display CMOS temperature, screenshot, logging)