Litepanels’ new super bright 1X1 LED panel.
Litepanels has announced a new 1X1 LED panel. The Litepanels Astra is a bi-color modular design providing light up to 4 times brighter than its predecessor.
In an upcoming episode of our talk show “ON THE COUCH“, my colleague Nino Leitner hosted Ali Ahmadi from Litepanels (along with other Vitec Videocom representatives) who presented the new 1×1 in person. (The episode will be posted within a week.)
The Litepanels Astra takes on quite a sleek appearance, with the power supply relocated to the yoke making room for a user switchable fan and modular control panel.
The fan can be turned on and off, and is key to achieving its 4 times brighter status (with the fan turned off, the Astra can provide up to x2 times its predecessor).
The light is bi-color providing both tungsten and daylight LEDs, Fading either up and down provides any temperature in between. Unfortunately Litepanels do not provide an exact CRI rating, but is quoted to have “Superior color reproduction” with a “High color rendition (CRI)”.
The yoke is has been re-designed so that it is curved. This is nice as it gives the light more flexibility; you have a greater angle of adjustment before the yoke gets in the way of your light beam and casts a shadow.
The modular control panel can be inserted quickly. Litepanels state that this is designed to offer the user with a selection of control panels, presumably enabling the user to save costs if they don’t want certain features. The current optional control modules offers DMX in/out control and a digital interface to monitor information such as brightness and color values.
Key features of the Litepanel Astra:
– Aluminum I-beam core construction
– Higher intensity = Longer throw = Wider effective beam spread
– High color rendition (CRI)
– Adjustable (daylight to tungsten), accurate color temperatures
– Completely silent passive cooling mode
– Ultra-quiet active cooling mode with double light output
– No noticeable color shift throughout the entire range
– Flicker-free at any frame rate or shutter angle
– Optional communications module allows the brightness, color temperature, and cooling mode to be controlled via DMX512 protocol (Additional module options under development)
– Optional yoke mounted Gold Mount® or V-Mount battery plates
– Field replaceable fan module and external power supply
– Aluminum accessory mounting points and lens/filter rails
– Durable, industry standard 3-pin XLR locking power connector
– x2 ¼-20 mounting points on Yoke
And the Specification:
Size: 17.7 x 16.3 x 5.3” / 45 x 41.3 x 13.4cm
Weight: 7 lbs. / 3.2kg
Maximum Power Draw: 110W
Power Supply: 24V DC via AC Adapter
Power Requirements 13-24V DC / 100-240VAC
DMX via RJ45 (Optional Communications Module)