Kickstarter – Mikme One Touch Wireless Recording Microphone
Here’s an interesting tool that some filmmakers struggling with audio may like. Mikme is a wireless recording microphone, offering 24bit 96kHz audio at the touch of one button. Check out their Kickstarter campaign in the video below:
Mikme is discreet, small and simple. One top button turns the device one, records audio and plays back your last clip; it is designed to make audio capture incredibly easy. Further more at the base is control for volume, battery indicator, Bluetooth pairing, a 3.5mm output for headphones/camera etc and a USB for charging and data transfer.
The integrated iOS app boasts an easy-to-use interface, enabling you to transfer audio via Bluetooth and layer up to 8 tracks per recording.
Primarily designed at music artists that want to alleviate the complications of audio capture, however the simplified design could be an attractive form factor for filmmakers whom are less audio savvy.
Often with such simple devices, some may question the use in a professional environment. Mikme houses a 1″ condenser microphone, and captures in 24bit 96kHz format. Here’s the further specification:
- Capsule – 1 inch, gold plated, condenser
- Polar pattern – Cardiod
- Audio frequency bandwidth – 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity – 18 mV/Pa
- Signal to noise – 75 dB-A
- Preattenuation pad – 0 to -30 dB
- Internal memory – 8 GB
- Recording time – 180 hours MP4, 16 hours WAV
- Bit depth – 24
- Sampling frequencies – 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz
- Processor – 168 MHz Cortex M4
- Rechargeable Li-IO battery – 1000 mAh
- 7 hours battery-powered operation time
- 1/4″ threaded based for mounting
Backers of the Kickstarter campaign will pay $179 for a Mikme, which is said to be a $120 saving from the predicted retail price. For info on further rewards and project plans check out the Kickstarter page.