Faster than Fast – Sonnet Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive
The Sonnet Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive is the world’s fastest portable storage device.
As resolution and media file sizes from top tier digital cinema cameras climb higher—and with 8K already a reality for some—torage speed or bandwidth is as important as high capacity when moving media quickly on set.
The combination of 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 technology with the latest Gen 3 M.2 PCIe SSD results in an astonishing 2100 MB/sec maximum throughput with the new Sonnet Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive.
Now that’s assuming the drive is attached to a host system where all other variables allow such a throughput, and of course that the source media or drive is also capable of over 2000 MB/sec throughput. In reality, this may hardly ever be the case—other bottlenecks will stand in your way—but at least you will know your portable flash drive is not one of them.
Sonnet Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive Features
The Sonnet Fusion Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Flash Drive boasts some impressive features.
- Data transfer rates up to 2100 MB/sec.
- The drive is bus-powered, so there’s no external power supply to carry around or tie you down.
- Pocket-sized portability doesn’t get better than a drive that fits in the palm of your hand.
- Rugged construction to withstand the knocks of set life.
- Windows compatible (current version)
- 512GB model will be available first, followed by a 1TB model.
Sonnet’s latest drive is currently in Thunderbolt certification, but a prototype was on the showroom floor at CABSAT 2016 in Dubai. The drive will also be certified for OSX when Thunderbolt 3 equipped Mac hardware is available.