Edelkrone Release Pocket Rig 2 and Pocket Skater 2 – Small Camera Rigs for Your…
Edelkrone has announced updates to two of their products that are worth checking out. First, there is the new Pocket Rig 2, a compact camera rig ideal for run and gun scenarios.
It may be a little bulky to actually fit in your pocket, but for good reason. A support arm folds out from underneath the baseplate. It’s fully adjustable and allows you to comfortably shoot from the shoulder or even the hip.
They’ve also included industry standard 15mm rods that unfold from the other side. You can easily attach a follow-focus and matte box. The rods even extend about 7 inches (18cm), providing ample space for all of your accessories.
A standard 1/4 inch tripod connection hole allows the entire rig to be attached to a tripod. This would come in very handy in hectic environments when one must quickly alternate between handheld shooting and working off the tripod.
I can definitely see how run and gun DSLR shooters will appreciate this tool, especially those who frequently travel. Larger rigs often take up a lot of space in gear bags, but this compact rig easily fits into a small camera bag. They also take a few minutes to set up. In a run and gun scenario those few minutes equal missed shots. When I’m shooting I don’t always need a large rig, but I can’t remember how many times I wished I had something smaller that gets the job done.
The Pocket Rig 2 is an ideal fit for someone who doesn’t need the bulk of a larger rig, and just wants something to help get that stable shot. And for $289 it’s quite the deal.
The second product Edelkrone has released is the Pocket Skater 2. Weighing in at only 1 pound, this little device is basically a compact dolly for a DSLR. But it doesn’t just move in a straight line. It has 3 wheels that fold out and allow for curved slides.
This little device really grabbed my eye. I like small pieces of gear that provide extra production value. When you look at a shot that used the Pocket Skater 2, you can’t tell that it was produced with such a small device. You think it’s shot with a dolly. The Pocket Skater 2 is priced at $249. Not bad for a dolly that fits in your camera bag.
POCKET RIG 2 TECH SPECS
- Folded Size: 5.7 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches (147 x 60 x 60mm)
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (.725Kg)
- Compatibility: All DSLR’s & cameras with 1/4” – 20 thread (Optimized for DSLR’s)
- Mount: 1/4” – 20 on top and 1/4” – 20 on bottom
- Support arm length: 11.4 inches (290mm)
- Locking mechanism: Constant friction, knob-less joints for hinge tensio n adjustment
- Materials: CNC machined aluminum, heavy duty construction and stainless steel screws
POCKETSKATER2 Tech Specs
- Folded Size: 2.1 x 5 x 1.8 inches (55 x 127 x 47mm)
- Weight: 1 pound (.5 kg)
- Carrying capacity: Up to 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Mount: 1/4” – 20 on top
- Wheel radius: 1.5 inches (39 mm)
- Flex-Tilt Head Rotation Angle: 360 degrees
- Min. camera height (from ground to camera base): 3 inches (77 mm)
- Max. camera height (from ground to camera base): 5.5 inches (140 mm)
- Materials: CNC machined aluminum construction with delrin components; Stainless steel screws & rubber wheel rings