DJI LightBridge – Long Range HD video transmitter
Continuing the drone copter theme (although this product will most certainly have other uses), the DJI LightBridge is a digital transmitter, capable of carrying full HD video of distances up to 5km (3.1 miles).
The DJI LightBridge uses 2.4G RF technology, transmitting up to 1080 30p video. The standard 5dbi omnidirectional antenna has an affective transmission distance of up to 1.7km (1.05 miles). The above mentioned 5km distance is in reference to the optional 14dbi antenna.
This could be considered a big game change for some; a digital transmission is fair less prone to interference than an analog source.
The transmitter takes composite and HDMI in, outputting HDMI and USB; the latter for use with mobile and tablet devices.
The sky end of the device weighs an impressive 70g, which for reference is just shy of the weight of a GoPro 3+ without it’s housing; great for compact low weight carrying drones.
There’s no word of pricing yet, and this is likely to determine just how popular this device becomes. Below are some of the specifications taken from the source:
- Use 2.4G RF technology, transmitting power 100mw (CE and FCC certification)
- Ground terminal with 5dbi omni-directional antenna (standard), measured the effective transmission distance of 1.7km (1.05mile)
- Ground terminal with 14dbi directional antenna (optional), measured the effective transmission distance up to 5km (3.1mile)
- Built-in remote link
- Downlink and uplink remote video link system while working at 2.4Ghz
- Uplink frequency hopping (FHSS) + Spread Spectrum (DSSS) technology, high transmission stability, strong anti-jamming capability
- Downlink MIMO multiple antenna technology and using OFDM modulation, with advanced algorithms to effectively improve the stability of the system data bandwidth and complex environment, improve the dynamic performance of the system
- Real-time monitoring of each downlink channel interference state, dynamically select the best channel operation (up to 8 image transmission channels)
- Low Latency – System maximum delay 80ms
- OSD function – Built-in OSD function, with NAZAV2, WKM, A2 use when no external IOSD, information overlay function can be realized
- Built-in 4000mAh high capacity ground terminal battery, the device can work for 4.5 hours
- Through the USB external mobile devices, providing the charging function for mobile devices, an external device to extend the use of time
- Video Inputs – HDMI, AV, DVSB
- Supported formats – (HDMI) 720P50; 720P60; 1080I50; 1080I60; 1080P25; 1080P30; 1080P50; 1080P60
- Supported formats – (AV) PAL25; NTSC30
- HDMI HD video output
- USB 2.0 Full HD video output: IOS, Android and other mobile phones, tablet PCs do monitor via USB connection
- RF parameters – 2.405 ~ 2.4835GHz, comply with CE, FCC certification
- Interface (ground side) – LED lights; power switch; charging port; USB 2.0; HDMI; remote control inputs (two Luyao controller input)
- Interface (Sky end) – LED lights; DBUS; HDMI; AV; DVSB; keys for frequency
- Power supply (ground terminal) – DC power input 11 ~ 26V; built-in lithium battery; Consumption: 6W (no external USB device), 8W (external USB device)
- Power (Sky end) – DC power input 11 ~ 26V; Power consumption: 8W
- Dimensions (ground side) – 125 X 89 X 20 (mm)
- Dimensions (Sky end) – 67 X 47 X 20 (mm)
- Weight (ground side) – 360g
- Weight (Sky end) – 70g
For more specification please visit the DJIGuys forums.