Denecke Time Code Slate Vs. Movie Slate on iPad.
The Pure Blend Software Design Group released the Movie Slate App for the iPhone some time ago. They recently announced a version for the iPad. This is one cool App. If you were in the market for the industry standard Denecke Time Code slate at well over 1K, you may want to get yourself an iPad and this Application instead. I recently picked up an iPad and this was one of the first apps I got. It works flawlessly and has so many more options than the standard TC slate. Here is a list of features ripped from the Pure Blend site. It’s a little pricey at $9.99, but well worth every penny.
▪ Integrated slate and clapperboard
▪ Can lock slate orientation to Landscape or Portrait
▪ Edit production information directly on the slate
▪ Option to load Director, DP/Cameraman names from Contacts or History
▪ Buttons to quick-increment roll, scene, take
▪ Supports FPS rates: 15, 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60, 72, 100, custom
▪ Digital timer display uses time-of-day, or free running clock time
▪ Super easy and fast to “jam” (set) timecode using specialized keypad
▪ Timecode continues even when the app is not running
▪ Sync timecode over Bluetooth to other iPhones & iPod touches (not 1st gen devices; requires OS 3.x)
Sync timecode to Music Video song in your iTunes library (requires OS 3.x)