Canon 7D Firmware 1.2.5 [UPDATED]
This 7D 1.2.5 firmware came out several days ago, but apparently Canon pulled it from their servers again. Why? Nobody knew. Canon even denied the existance of this firmware as someone suggested in an e-mail to me. I was skeptical about posting this firmware, but now a phonecall with a Canon rep confirms that the firmware is fine. He also said that Canon is renewing their download portal thus delaying the availability of the firmware file.
Most important fix: As the image above suggests, this firmware fixes an error. It’s called “Err 02” which seems to have messed up some video files for some of us and caused incompability with random CF cards.
Canons list of fixes (via CanonRumors):
– Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were rare cases where movie files taken could not be opened when repeatedly shooting movies with specific CF cards.
– Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were cases where “Err 02″ appeared when repeatedly shooting still images with specific CF cards.
– Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards: If either a CF card with only a little available space remaining or the battery was removed and then reinserted into the camera, and then the user attempted to start shooting movies immediately, shooting would stop.
– Improved the writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
– Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when custom function C.Fn 4-1 was set to assign IS start to the AF stop button on the lens: When used with lenses that do not have an AF stop button, the IS function would not work.
– Corrected some mistakes in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese. (This applies to models in overseas markets. The models for the Japanese market do not display those languages.)