Canon 5D mark iii firmware update
Canon has released a new firmware update for the 5D mark iii. Here’s a list taken from the Canon website:
Firmware Version 1.2.3 for the EOS 5D Mark III incorporates the following:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the connected Speedlite may not occasionally fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may accidentally change.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false colour along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
Yep, it’s a boring bug fix one. If Canon were to make a significant update to the mark iii, what realistic features would you like in the list?
Personally, I’d like more custom control over buttons. I’d love to re-assign the front wheel from shutter to ISO speed. It would make exposure changes so much faster with ISO and aperture assigned to independent wheels. If you’re using ND outside, and have adjusted your shutter to suit your interior lighting refresh rate, you rarely need to touch it throughout a scene. Therefore no need for the instant adjustment through the front wheel; much better reserved for ISO.
You can download version 1.2.3 of the firmware here