Atomos Samurai Blade Firmware update
Atomos has released a new firmware update to their flagship portable recorder, the Samurai Blade.
Firmware version 5.1 provides color adjustments of Gamma, Y Lift and Y Gain. It also has improved compatibility with Canon C-log, enabling a one touch switch between C-log and Rec 709.
The firmware improves the Blade’s battery display options “When D-Tap Mode is active, Atomos 5.1 stops constant checking between batteries. This avoids mic clicks due to earth loops in some camera situations. Failover switching will remain active.”
Lastly, it enables color calibration support, featuring calibration Matrix and 1D LUTs for use with the Atomos Spyder.
The Atomos Spyder is a portable screen calibrator, it was announced some time ago, but has now just been released for pre-order.
Key features of the Spyder:
– Extreme precision 7 sensor calibration
– USB to LANC serial control unit included for automatic calibration.
– Calibrate to 6500K ITU-Rec709 white point with delta-E better than 2 down to 20% grey
– User adjustments of lift, gain and gamma per channel after initial calibration
– Can be used as a standard calibration unit for any monitor or computer (provided Datacolor software is purchased from their website).
We currently have the Samurai Blade in and will be producing a review soon.