I’ve been looking forward to posting this interview with Peter Gustafsson from a Swedish company called ikonoskop, the developers of what I would call THE 16mm digital cinema camera.
I wonder why these guys haven’t received more press yet as this camera is extremely interesting in the realms of affordable cinema filmmaking. Maybe it’s because the 16mm format / style is something mostly popular in Europe and we Europeans tend to be very slow when it comes to picking up new stuff...
Rycote has a history of creating accessories for audio equipment. They’ve recently come up with something very unique: The micro windjammer for hdslrs and other mini microphone devices.
Rycote have been making windjammers for professional broadcasters and film-makers for over four decades. Our new Micro Windjammers provide easy-to-fit, all-in-one wind protection for your camera’s built-in microphone, giving you great-sounding audio whatever the weather!
If you switch(ed) from...
SONY VG-20 – Interview with Kanta Yamamoto
Testing the SONY VG-20 – recorded via hdmi out
Blackmagic Design announced a new capture device that uses the Apple Thunderbolt Interface.
At 209€ ($300) this external capture card for Macs is a very affordable and strong editing and capturing solution. Blackmagic is proud to bring the first product of its kind that uses the Thunderbolt interface to the market.
As everything else, it’s not compatible with
IBC has ended today at 4pm and we’re at the airport right now, waiting for boarding.
We met with lots of cool people and enjoyed gadget-land, but now we’re happy to go home and get some sleep.
To give you a better sense of the floor and to follow up the announcements about the Atomos Samurai and Connect I reported about yesterday, I decided to post this grab from the Sony HX9V hdmi out.
Remember our in depth video review of this fun little point and shoot camera? Well we missed to tell you that it is one of the very few cameras that has a clean hdmi output....
Here’s another enjoyable video with Atomos CEO Jeromy Young. After the more affordable and already available Atomos Ninja hdmi recorder has proven to be a top notch useful device, the not yet released Samurai will now make some of us even more happy as they have added the Avid DNxHD codec.
Here’s something that you might even find cool if you don’t need it. Atomos, the makers of the famous Ninja harddisk recorder just announced their Atomos Connect converters. These devices can’t shoot your movie, but they can almost do everything else.
Not only do they convert ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Review: Lumu Smartphone Light Meter for Video Since their hugely successful Kickstarter campaign last year Lumu has been offering the smallest accurate ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 18 – Kessler’s Chris Beller & Tom Guilmette To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. This is the first ...
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- Review: Lumu Smartphone Light Meter for Video - t.co/Y4A9p3KJKg Time ago 11 Hours via cinema5D
- RT @BHPhotoVideo: "Dynamic Range – Sony A7S vs. the others" t.co/CCzuP19IzW via @c5dnews Time ago 2 Days via Tweetbot for Mac
- Boda Jib Kickstarter - High Capacity Compact Jib - t.co/I1n4stNNVI Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.