Posts Tagged ‘tecpro’
Get your gear through B&H to support this platform: www.bhphotovideo.com
You’ve seen lights from F&V before. Dedotec presented their 1×1 panel series
This is one of the last NAB 2011 videos by cinema5D, yet it’s one of the more intriguing new products we’ve seen. Especially if you’re into LED lighting this one could be very interesting for you.
Where I come from (Austria) Dedo Weigert is a name well known in the film industry. His lighting company carries the same name and you can find their stuff right next to Arri and KinoFlo lights in production houses.
This year Dedo Weigert introduced the “Felloni” LED panel which they have developed under their partner company Dedotec (a bunch of electronics and precision mechanics specialists) and some other foreign technicians and named the series TECPRO. It’s all very confusing with the names I know, but the result is a pretty decent LED lighting solution.
Here’s what this light can do:
- very high CRI of 84
( = good light color)
- half the price of most other LED panels
- water resistant (rainproof)
- lightweight and robust fixture
- Detachable/Extendable dimmer (included)
- Foldable diffuser (included)
- Uses 24 watts (half of most other panels)
- more output than most other panels
- magnetic frame for filters
- V-Mount battery plate 14V
- Sony NP-F battery plate 7,2V
- Ac input 12V (mains ps included)
Normal version either tungsten or daylight:
US: should be around $900
Europe: around 600€
You might say that’s a lot, but if you know LED panel prices this should shock you. There is also a Bicolor version (continuosly adjustable from tungsten to daylight) for around $1000. The 1×1 LED series by Litepanels is a great tool but I think at $2600 they will have to do something about their pricing.
TECPRO also has a high output (576 leds instead of 324) version for around 1000€ and low profile versions (for ceiling mount) as well and all of them are available in 15°, 30° or 50° angles (spot/flood).
In Europe the lights are more commonly available. For example here.
Wired DMX control unit:
And here’s one more mindblowing gimmick:
I roughly remember one of the major developers of the Felloni telling me that you can control I think some hundred thousand of these units simultaneously via a wireless DMX module across 1000-1500 feet (400 meters).
Price and availability for these units is not here yet, but it certainly won’t be cheap.
Here’s the Dedo Weigert website:
Latest Video Reviews
- NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 6 – Zacuto, Rodney Charters, ASC & Bruce Logan, ASC This is a very special (sixth) 50 minute episode of ON THE COUCH, in which ...
- NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 5 – Vitec Videocom In the fifth episode of ON THE COUCH, I hosted our sponsor Vitec Videocom at ...
- NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 4 – Canon & Sony (part 2) In the second part of our 4th episode of ON THE COUCH, we have representatives ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch – Talk Show
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- RT @Anton_Bauer: Check out "NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 5 - Vitec Videocom" by @c5dnews on Vimeo #Vimeo t.co/VpHuNosLlD http://t.c… Time ago 15 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- RT @The_JoESilva: Super instructive edition of @c5dnews “On The Couch” feat. @Zacuto, @rodneykiwi & Bruce Logan: t.co/QiwyWvxytH #NA… Time ago 19 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- @CanonProNetwork @CanonUSA @eosC300 Larry Thorpe runs us through the new Canon 17-120mm Cine-Servo Zoom Lens t.co/LRTJfCEtZB Time ago 2 Days via Twitter
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.