Posts Tagged ‘short film’
For the third time, Sony have launched their PROduction Awards competition, for the first time taking entries from around the world.
The competition is aimed at students, professionals and amateurs alike, and films of any genre or topic can be entered, as long as they fit in one of the three categories: “Creative”, “Factual” and the dedicated “Student” category.
Films can be entered until March 10, after which public voting opens. It will last until April 7, and after that the five most popular entries in each category will be judged by a panel of industry experts to pick the winners – one from each category. Each winner will get a Sony FS700RH camcorder and a Sony UWP-D microphone package.
The Sony F5 & higher priced F55 have generated a lot of news throughout November. And there’s a good reason for that as the specs seem quite amazing. On the paper these cameras can deliver very high quality, up to 4K and have interesting color depth, codec and slow motion capabilities. ...
If you wanted to see how the 5D mark III looks like @ 720p here’s a nice short shot by German filmmaker
The entire sequence was shot at 60 frames per second. And David used the Technicolor Cinestyle (link) for a good basis to grade which he obviously did very well.
via Read more
I might be mistaken but I believe this is the first short shot on a RED Scarlet-X.
We shot this on the same day as the car chase test. It started out as an acted scene test to put the new RED Scarlet-X into real life, shooting intense, on-set conditions, but in the 3 hours we had it turned into a small short film.
Hence there are several mistakes in it which we were not able to flat out because daylight was gone.
In the following I will describe how the Scarlet performed under these conditions, what worked, what didn’t work. I’ll call this a field report:...
Fellow Austrian HDSLR shooters Nino Leitner, Alexander Boboschewski and their friend Mario Feil got the chance to test the yet unreleased Canon EOS C300 camera. They teamed up to get dirty with it and created an entire short film in two days time (see result...
This music video was submitted by director Ian Bucknole last week and caught my attention not only because of it’s high rating.
Videos that combine a great story, good looks, style, enriching artwork and good acting are not often shot on a 5D and 550D like in this case. In fact this one was done with a budget of under $1k.
Latest Video Reviews
- Video Review: Pentax K-3 – at the orchid exhibition Camera manufacturer Pentax (now Ricoh Imaging) has been rather quiet in terms of video functionality ...
- Review Part 2: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in the field Important notes concerning the video above: • After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K ...
- Review Part 1: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K vs. Canon 1DC Well, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is finally here. And we've put it through a ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- Thunderbolt RAID Pegasus 2 R4 - a first look - t.co/Wq5drrGuSH Time ago 2 Days via cinema5D
- Samyang/Rokinon/Bower 16mm T2.2 cine lens reduced by $100 until 11:59PM EST. Best affordable “cine” lens deals here: t.co/myyJ5gZ86x Time ago 3 Days via Tweet Button
- Axis360 - 3-axis motorised camera systems Kickstarter - t.co/knCODufbCJ Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.