Nikon just announced their newest flagship video recording DSLR, the Nikon D810. Its predecessor the Nikon D800 is a very respected photo and video camera directly competing the Canon 5D mark III. In a comparison between the two there are arguments against and for each of the cameras. ...
The development of the Apertus° Axiom open-source camera is advancing. Another milestone in Alpha development was reached yesterday when the team successfully unlocked the hdmi output of the camera. ...
I know a lot of people who shoot a lot of concert shows without knowing about the danger of laser arrays for their cameras. Lasers are extremely focused beams of light that can result in serious permanent damage for image sensors, they simply can’t handle it (in fact, our eyes also can’t handle it, but cameras are unable to blink unlike we are!)
Check out this video and watch a Red Epic sensor being fried, POV-style. Dr. Evil would rejoice.
(the original video posted here was removed by the user on YouTube. I replaced it with another video of an Epic being fried at another concert.)...
Since the RAW hack for the 5D Mark III came out, there’s been a lot of speculation as to how Magic Lantern did manage to do it. Understandably, many people are hesitant to hack their 5D Mark III’s and use it with an alternative firmware that is not thoroughly tested yet. And Magic Lantern also recommends to be hesitant:...
After Kineraw recently started shipping their first 4K cinema camera they just presented their new Kineraw MINI here at NAB: A portable camera that delivers a very brilliant 2K RAW image from a 4K sensor. It costs $3000 and it will start shipping in a month.
Just when we thought NAB had not much more to offer than a lot of hype around 4K, we found ourselves spending over an hour at the booth of Chinese cinema camera maker KINERAW. Read on to understand why. ...
You need to install or upgrade Flash Player to view this content, install or upgrade by clicking here. //
Canon just published a press release with a video showing off their latest development in sensor technology: An ultra lowlight sensitive HD sensor.
Check out the video above to see the sensor in a prototype housing. Too bad it’s only published in 640×360 and not HD as these images look very promising. ...
In a topic named “Double Dragon” Jarred Land from RED posted these two still grabs from a prototype RED Dragon sensor shooting camera.
Jarred Land wrote:
Dragon shot on Prototype Dragon 6K 2:1 @ 86FPS 180 Shutter.
2000 ASA for the FPS. No dead pixel calibration yet. Shot on Canon 100mm Macro @ F11. ...
US Camera Manufacturer RED has been talking about their new camera sensor named “dragon” for quite a while. In a recent announcement at reduser.net Jarred Land posted this early grab from footage taken with the new sensor. ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
- Sleep, eat, taste wine and relax! – A Sony A7s camera video review EDIT: New from Cinema5d!. As part of our commitment to our readers, the A7s is ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 17 – Vitec Videocom & David Linstrom (“Wilfred”) To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. We welcomed our sponsor ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- Firmware 1.9 for Blackmagic 4K. Histrogram, audio levels plus more - t.co/rkFpwM2O6J Time ago 5 Hours via cinema5D
- Rolling Shutter - Sony A7S vs. the others - t.co/w6JpVDZJq0 Time ago 2 Days via cinema5D
- RT @benoitmars: More than 14 stops of dynamic range : Sony A7S vs. the others via @c5dnews and @nofilmschool t.co/LhFuJYd2tZ Time ago 3 Days via Tweetbot for Mac
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.