Posts Tagged ‘pl’
The Canon C300 has just been significantly reduced in price. B&H sent out a notice announcing a $2000 pricedrop.
Even though there is competition for the C300 with the introduction of the C500 and low priced C100 the C300 fills an important slot with its internal All-I codec and SDI connection possibilities.
There’s more competition from Sony with their new
Some of you have been waiting for this day. The wildly anticipated Canon EOS C300 just went up for preorder and the price is $15,999.00
According to B&H the first people will see their C300 shipping “Mon, Jan. 30″
Disclaimer: This is not a scientific test, merely a look at the sensors behaviour under the given condition.
This is a quick test to get a feeling for the sharpness of the Scarlets Mysterium-X sensor. And to make sure sharpness is not suffering from lens type I tried some PL lenses with a Scarlet PL mount as well. More on that later.
Contax Zeiss 28mm T2.8
Recorded at 4K, ISO 800, 25fps, 1/25th shutter, Aperture 5.6 +1/2
Result (100% quality jpeg):
As you know the day after tomorrow Canon will hold a media event at the Paramount Studios in Hollywood.
They call it “historic” and all the rumors point to a very satisfying new product, or in fact several of those!
Here’s what canonrumors wrote:
The people over at Teton Gravity Research do the filming on some of the suicidal alpine skiing and snowboarding action we all know from tv.
Apparently not only the people in front of the camera are out to push the limits. Todd Jones, one of the founders of said production company wrote an article on how they successfully transformed an Angenieux 16mm 12-240 lens to go with a Canon 7D by machining the lens itself and a custom...
16×9 Inc. is not only a distributor of high quality products for film and video productions but they also have several products they produce themselves. Among the most interesting of their products at NAB was the new PL-mount for the Sony FS-100, the camera I’ve mentioned a lot this week.
This PL-mount will be available mid May and cost $870. That includes the mount and lens support ($595 mount and $275 for the lens support).
Yes, this is a lot if you look for the cheapest deal, but actually quite affordable if you’re looking for a product that gives you the quality a PL lens shoot might demand. Also, if you’re into mounts this one will be more affordable in the long run since it has an interchangeable back, so you can not only use it for a FS-100 camera.
Latest Video Reviews
- Video Review: Pentax K-3 – at the orchid exhibition Camera manufacturer Pentax (now Ricoh Imaging) has been rather quiet in terms of video functionality ...
- Review Part 2: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in the field Important notes concerning the video above: • After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K ...
- Review Part 1: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K vs. Canon 1DC Well, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is finally here. And we've put it through a ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- Core Melt 's Slice X for FCPX - Review and Tutorial - t.co/9Ghdw8qr9c Time ago 14 Hours via cinema5D
- Panasonic GH4 official pricing released. - t.co/XYXv5uDpMR Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
- Canon gets rid of the EOS 6D - $1050 OFF on kit deal? - t.co/hGcGqWAQwp Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.