Philip Bloom had a hands on with the much anticipated Sony FS700. The $7999 camera that will give you 240fps slow motion and sports a 4K sensor.
Watch the two videos and give him credit because this review is pretty nice to watch. There is a writeup on his website as well.
See our article
The Sony NEX-FS700 is currently the most anticipated new camera body that will shoot 240fps slow motion and offer many other convenient features at a priecepoint around $8500. See our full article on the camera specs here.
The video above is Peter Prevec‘s full test video. He had a chance to shoot with a pre production model and we’ve seen excerpts from this footage in Sony’s FS700 promo video that was shot by a crew of filmmakers around Den Lennie from F-Stop academy. ...
Sony introduces the Sony NEX-FS700 with this emotional promo video
Check it out, it shows a lot of what the camera can do and the sharpness and quality of the footage is really impressive.
We’ll most likely see more footage from this camera soon and we’ll keep you updated.
See the full details on the camera in this article.
[UPDATE] Order @ B&H for...
Guest post by: Nino Leitner
Sony has just announced their new cinema camera, the Sony NEX-FS700, which is about to fill the gap between the FS100 and the F3 in Sony’s cinema camera line-up in Super 35mm cameras. It has a 11.6 million pixels sensor.
Incredible slow motion capabilities
There are two features that really make the FS700 stand out: It can record 120 or 240 frames per second in 1080p in 8 or 16 second bursts, respectively. It’s insane and unheard-of in a camera in this price range.
So far, the best we could get for a comparable amount of money was the FS700′s little brother, the FS100, which is able to record up to 60 fps in 1080p (in the US version, 50 in the EU version – though that is about to get irrelevant with a firmware update that will make it a world camera)....
Now that Canon and Nikon had their fame it’s Sonys turn and maybe the successor to the not quite so successful NEX-FS100 that we saw around this time last year, will finally turn things around for good.
EOSHD wrote: (rumor)
At NAB 2012 next month, Sony will shake the digital cinema market to its core. Sony’s answer to the C300 is a 4K Super 35mm update to the FS100. It will be available in June for a provisional $8000.
EOSHD‘s source further claims that the camera would have up to 960 fps and that the 4K would probably be recorded to an external device via 3G HD-SDI. It would also sport 3 internal ND’s (clearly visible now on the leaked images).
More leaked pictures after the jump: ...
After 3 and a half years we’re seeing an update to the camera that spawned this website. The camera’s announcement day is rumored to be Friday March 2nd 2012.
Here are first leaked pictures of the Canon 5D mark III:
These were posted in the canonrumors forum:
Latest Video Reviews
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
- Sleep, eat, taste wine and relax! – A Sony A7s camera video review EDIT: New from Cinema5d!. As part of our commitment to our readers, the A7s is ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 17 – Vitec Videocom & David Linstrom (“Wilfred”) To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. We welcomed our sponsor ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- RT @benoitmars: More than 14 stops of dynamic range : Sony A7S vs. the others via @c5dnews and @nofilmschool t.co/LhFuJYd2tZ Time ago 3 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- RT @adfnyc: I just liked "NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 7 - B&H" by @c5dnews on Vimeo: t.co/4dQGhl54BP Time ago 3 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- “@nofilmschool: Does the $2,500 @SonyProUSA A7S Have Dynamic Range Similar to an @ARRIChannel ALEXA? t.co/oG0160TmRq via @c5dnews” Time ago 1 Day via Tweetbot for Mac
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.