Atomos has been one of the leading companies for on-camera external recording solutions. The sleek design and large front panel of the Ninja and Samurai paved the way to a new market of products, converging an external recorder and on-camera monitor....
Here we have 7 different EVF mounts, or viewfinder mounts, also used as monitor mounts. These dear pieces of equipment are utilized to hold your EVF in the correct place when working with a handheld rig. Not all of them are great. Here’s a review that shows you the functionality and usefulness of each of the devices. ...
Atomos updates the Samurai, their famous SDI harddisk recorder, and adds a high quality 720p lcd screen on top making it a true solution as a monitor / disk recorder combination.
We have checked out the Atomos products several times in the past as they offer an affordable solution to get more quality out of our large sensor cameras. These devices allow you to record the live hdmi or SDI feed from your camera directly into a high quality format, widely used Apple ProRes among others. ...
Convergent Design, maker of the famous nanoFlash & Gemini 4:4:4 just announced a new recorder that looks very nice and promising. This field recorder + oled monitor is targeted at HDSLR indie filmmakers as well as professionals with a codec license lease system.
Many filmmakers, especially in documentary are often struggling with too much gear hanging from their camera rig and cameras taking too long to setup. Harddisk recorders and monitors could be built into cameras, but so far the camera manufacturers have not come up with a device that fulfills those needs. Once again a gear manufacturer wants to make our lives easier: ...
Remember Sebastien Devaud’s Canon C100 introduction film (LINK) in September? Well he’s back and he shows us a product that might be a pretty useful and affordable alternative to one of those fancy electronic viewfinders.
The Deitygear 4″ high quality loupe makes us nostalgic and lets us relive the times when we put Read more
The smallHD DP6 monitor has been a quite successful product with filmmakers over the past year. At NAB many booths had cameras equipped with exactly this monitor. Granted there are not many alternatives in terms of size, quality and price.
Another fine field monitor that is frequently used these days is the famous TvLogic VFM-056W. It also holds a high quality...
The GoPro HERO2 action camera has become quite popular in the world of sports television.
In April when GoPro announced 35Mbit & the implementation of a Technicolor Gamma Curve they got our attention.
Today GoPro announced the WIFI BacPac™ + Wi-Fi Remote Combo....
Get your gear through B&H to support this platform: www.bhphotovideo.com
Just as Cineroid, Alphatron plans to make an EVF loupe that uses the iPhone retina display screen, manufactured by LG.
As you may know this display has a high quality and a screen with 960×640 pixels on a very small space which is almost twice as many pixels as the commonly used 800×480 displays. The EVF is manufactured and developed by renown company TVLogic....
Latest Video Reviews
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
- Sleep, eat, taste wine and relax! – A Sony A7s camera video review EDIT: New from Cinema5d!. As part of our commitment to our readers, the A7s is ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 17 – Vitec Videocom & David Linstrom (“Wilfred”) To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. We welcomed our sponsor ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- RT @benoitmars: More than 14 stops of dynamic range : Sony A7S vs. the others via @c5dnews and @nofilmschool t.co/LhFuJYd2tZ Time ago 15 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- RT @adfnyc: I just liked "NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 7 - B&H" by @c5dnews on Vimeo: t.co/4dQGhl54BP Time ago 15 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- “@nofilmschool: Does the $2,500 @SonyProUSA A7S Have Dynamic Range Similar to an @ARRIChannel ALEXA? t.co/oG0160TmRq via @c5dnews” Time ago 2 Days via Tweetbot for Mac
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.