Posts Tagged ‘mark v’
It’s been a while since the 1D mark iv successor, the Canon EOS 1DX was announced, 5 months to be exact.
Now that the 5D mark III is out does an HDSLR filmmaker still need to spare a second thought on the 1DX?
Probably not, these two cameras are extremely similar in terms of HDSLR.
Here’s a list of features they share:
- 30 minute maximum clip length
- manual audio control during recording
- captive touch wheel for silent audio control
- 1080p24/25/30 and 720p50/60, non drop: 23.976,…
- enhanced all i-Frames codec with embedded timecode (recrun, freerun)
- DIGIC 5+ chip to eradicate the presence of moiré, false colour and other artefacts
- full frame sized (36 x 24 mm) sensor
And here’s what makes the 1D X different from the 5D mk3:
- 1D X has a higher lens port
- 1D X’s lowlight capability seems to be a bit better than the already great mark III’s. Vincent Laforet said: 5D mark III “comes second only to the Canon EOS 1Dx camera in low light performance”
- 1D X has 2x CF card slots, 5D mark III has 1x CF and 1x SD
- 1D X is twice the price
- 1D X is missing a headphone port (thanks FRP)
Is the image quality or sharpness any better on the Canon 1D X? There are no real life comparisons yet, I doubt it, but you’re welcome to disagree in the comments.
The 1D X has become available for pre-order here:
The EOS-1D X takes all of the current features and puts them into one camera as well as improving various aspects of the movie shooting for both better usability and better incorporation into professional workflows.
See much more after the jump:
Latest Video Reviews
- Canon EOS 100D / SL1 review – Handheld Landscapes The Canon EOS 100D is Canon's newest entry level DSLR and once again: It also ...
- Canon 1DC and Samyang lenses test – The International Beethoven Piano Competition Vienna 2013 When asked to produce/shoot and edit the promotional video for the 14th international Beethoven ...
- Workflow video: Simple post processing of 5D Mark III RAW footage in OSX You have probably seen our extensive written guide on how to get Magic Lantern's 24p ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art