Posts Tagged ‘Lenses’
As the holiday season comes to a close, so do retailer sales. B&H and Canon are wrapping up a large sale on DSLRs and lenses tomorrow (04/01/2013), here I’ve highlighted the most popular and significant DSLR/lens combos in the sale for filmmakers.
The rebate price (in red) is what’s advertised on the B&H website, the checkout discount (black) is what you get when you add any item to cart. This is an additional discount on top of the initial rebate and is listed like this due to items having a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price)....
B&H currently has a special deal on the Samyang 8mm fisheye lens for a limited time. It’s probably hard to ever get this one for less. ...
This video makes me feel hesitant about shooting on a Panasonic GH2, but the lens looks exciting.
SLR magic is a lens manufactured based in Hong Kong and their affordable Noktor primes that all have an aperture of F/0.95 are very successful among HDSLR shooters.
As announced in September the company decided to start designing...
For many the Blackmagic Cinema Camera with MFT mount was a pretty exciting announcement as it opens up the camera for the use with many different kinds of lenses.
SLR Magic just confirmed that they are now woking on creating some inexpensive anamorphic lenses.
The company is known to produce the famous Noktor primes that have an extreme lowlight capability with their f-stop of f0.95. ...
LockCircle is finally done with their nice, compact & professional sliding mattebox.
We’ve been reporting exclusively about LockCircle’s “Prime Circle” cine EF lenses at NAB 2012 (LINK) and were given the chance to take a look at it there. See the full video on said coverage below. ...
If you’ve been shopping affordable manual prime lenses for your HDSLR then you’ve probably stumbled upon or even own the famous Samyang / Rokinon lenses like the $500 35mm f/1.4 or the $400 14mm ultra-wide.
“Rokinon 35mm T1.5 cine lens will be available in U.S in few weeks and Rokinon 24mm T1.5 & 14mm T3.1 cine lens will be available in U.S in September.” ...
This was shot with the lenses stopped down to around f4.0, some shots show some fringing though and others reveal something that looks like lens softness to me and I would think more open apertures were used at times. I think this suggests that the small sensor will probably bring out the worse parts in your large lenses. It would make sense as a much smaller portion of the glass is used on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s small sensor, but is blown up to HD resolution as we’re used to. ...
There aren’t many newsworthy things to report today. Sony introduced the new video camera, the PMW-200, but it has a 1/2″ sensor so it’s not going to this newspage. We just finished shooting an intriguing comparison between Alexa, F65, FS700, C300, RED and 7D that I’d love to show you, but I’ll have to settle on rights and it needs more work so I’m posting these photos I took from the new Canon EOS M “mirrorless” camera during my visit at the 25 years of EOS anniversary party here in Vienna. ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Video Review: Pentax K-3 – at the orchid exhibition Camera manufacturer Pentax (now Ricoh Imaging) has been rather quiet in terms of video functionality ...
- Review Part 2: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in the field Important notes concerning the video above: • After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K ...
- Review Part 1: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K vs. Canon 1DC Well, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is finally here. And we've put it through a ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- Thunderbolt RAID Pegasus 2 R4 - a first look - t.co/Wq5drrGuSH Time ago 2 Days via cinema5D
- Samyang/Rokinon/Bower 16mm T2.2 cine lens reduced by $100 until 11:59PM EST. Best affordable “cine” lens deals here: t.co/myyJ5gZ86x Time ago 3 Days via Tweet Button
- Axis360 - 3-axis motorised camera systems Kickstarter - t.co/knCODufbCJ Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.