Posts Tagged ‘lens’
Cadrage is a new viewfinder app for iPhone/iPad and Android phones that enables you to preview shots more conveniently and very accurately with all the indie cameras we like. Read on to win a copy at cinema5D
Here’s a very cool review between two very important lenses for full frame cameras (Canon 5D DSLR, Nikon D800, (Red Dragon)). The Canon 16-35mm II and the Tokina 16-28mm both feature an aperture of f/2.8 but in terms of pricing the difference is huge: $1,699 for the Canon vs. ...
Sigma just announced one of the fastest zoom lenses for DSLRs that we have ever seen – the 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens for APS-C sensor DSLRs.
It’s the world’s first constant f/1.8 zoom lens. A typical speed for high quality zoom lenses is f/2.8, so 1.8 is a big step up from that (don’t forget, after all aperture is an exponental value, meaning that every stop more gives you twice the amount of light. The only fast zoom lens that comes pretty close is the Olympus 14-35mm f/2.0, but that’s a Four Thirds model.
It makes a HUGE difference to have faster lenses, even if it’s only a one or two stops more. And so far, one of the biggest problems of zoom lenses was the fact that they were nowhere near as fast as fast primes (that typically come in at f/1.4). Sigma’s new f/1.8 zoom is only half a stop away from that – pretty impressive.
UPDATE, June 14:
Pricing is out and it is spectacularly low for such a fast zoom lens – $799!
It is available to preorder from B&H now. Available July 31....
We asked you to help us get the word out about our IBC 2012 coverage. Thanks for your help and participation.
We wrapped up the Tweet this Article to Win a Rokinon 35mm T1.5 CINE lens! contest is at its end.
The winner was picked out of over 2000 tweets. A random number was generated on Read more
Sony just announced 2 new cameras. No wait, they just release another 3. It’s getting hard to keep track, let’s look at it slowly:
They extend their range of rehoused Zeiss lenses to make them film-compatible with the 15mm f2.8 lens, a high performance extreme wide angle lens that was released earlier this year with some stunning specs (LINK). ...
If you’ve been shopping affordable manual prime lenses for your HDSLR then you’ve probably stumbled upon or even own the famous Samyang / Rokinon lenses like the $500 35mm f/1.4 or the $400 14mm ultra-wide.
“Rokinon 35mm T1.5 cine lens will be available in U.S in few weeks and Rokinon 24mm T1.5 & 14mm T3.1 cine lens will be available in U.S in September.” ...
This was shot with the lenses stopped down to around f4.0, some shots show some fringing though and others reveal something that looks like lens softness to me and I would think more open apertures were used at times. I think this suggests that the small sensor will probably bring out the worse parts in your large lenses. It would make sense as a much smaller portion of the glass is used on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s small sensor, but is blown up to HD resolution as we’re used to. ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Video Review: Pentax K-3 – at the orchid exhibition Camera manufacturer Pentax (now Ricoh Imaging) has been rather quiet in terms of video functionality ...
- Review Part 2: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in the field Important notes concerning the video above: • After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K ...
- Review Part 1: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K vs. Canon 1DC Well, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is finally here. And we've put it through a ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- Thunderbolt RAID Pegasus 2 R4 - a first look - t.co/Wq5drrGuSH Time ago 2 Days via cinema5D
- Samyang/Rokinon/Bower 16mm T2.2 cine lens reduced by $100 until 11:59PM EST. Best affordable “cine” lens deals here: t.co/myyJ5gZ86x Time ago 3 Days via Tweet Button
- Axis360 - 3-axis motorised camera systems Kickstarter - t.co/knCODufbCJ Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.