Posts Tagged ‘f55’
Attention: This post is a copy of the original blog post on my personal blog.
The music video for “DEJA – Struck by the Light” came around at the right time to make it a camera test for the brand-new Sony F55. The target audience for the song are teenage girls, and I think few of cinema5D readers fall into this target group, so I don’t blame you if the music is not for you – but if it is, please support the artist Deja by buying the song via iTunes or Amazon....
cinema5D had a chance to test the new Sony F55, Sony’s new flagship 4K cinema camera. As a reference we used Canon’s most advanced HDSLR.
The F55 is an interesting camera, because it is one that ticks more boxes than any other camera over the past few years – the range of resolutions, frame rates, codecs as well as the ergonomics are unprecedented. Now it’s down to actually using it to make a judgement call.
We wanted to know how the camera performs in a normal sooting environment and took the Canon EOS 1DC 4K HDSLR with us for comparison. Some interesting conclusions can be drawn here, things you might consider if you plan on shooting with either of these cameras or would just like to see what to expect.
You can download (1GB) and watch the source video in 4K on vimeo: LINK...
In the newest update to the famous color correction software , Black Magic Design has implemented support for Macbook Pro Retina displays among other features. ...
If you were keen on actually seeing the F5 and F55 cameras operated here’s a nice video in which Richard Lewis, Cinematography & Product Specialist from Sony shows you around their new babies.
Recently the Yen prices for the new cameras have popped up (LINK) ahead of official announcement (apparently by mistake). A rough conversion of the prices gives us the following...
This is a guest post by Nino Leitner. Read on for a full in depth look at Sony’s new cinema line of cameras.
After teasing us for ages, Sony today announced what has already been all over town:
The Sony F5 & F55 cameras were just announced, alongside an entire range of workflow infrastructure that goes along with. It is one of the most massive announcements of new cameras to date, with Sony showing of a lot of “F” squarely aimed at challenging Red with their Epic, Canon with their C300/C500 and even Arri with their Alexa. Sony is truly flexing their muscles and showing off what they do best, providing entire production pipelines to go along with their cameras....
Latest Video Reviews
- Sony RX10 – first look Italy. Nov 13th. In my hands I have a camera that can change the news/...
- Resolution / Aliasing / Comparison: Sony A7 vs. A7r vs. Canon 5D mark III We've been testing the new mirrorless Sony alpha a7 and Sony alpha a7R cameras that ...
- Sony A7 – first look The new Sony A7 mirrorless camera will soon be here and we had a chance ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- SmallHD port protector for Canon 5D mark iii - t.co/fz0gO7iS3O Time ago 15 Hours via cinema5D
- Atomos Samurai Blade Firmware update - t.co/LhHa7RrsBG Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
- @jarmstrophoto I think there’s a niche for this too. Don’t underestimate the need for small cameras with pro features Time ago 4 Days via Tweetbot for Mac
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.