Posts Tagged ‘DRAGON’
A post over on has produced some test shots of the new optical low pass filter (OLPF) for the RED Epic Dragon camera. The new OLPF will be available in just over a month, and solves some flaring and red highlight detail.
A camera’s optical low pass filter is designed to remove high frequency information, reducing aliasing and false color.
Here’s from REDUSER Jarred:
In certain situations the current Dragon OLPF can exhibit a...
With the Dragon sensor upgrade now complete, Jim Jannard has announced he’ll be stepping down as the face and spokesman of RED Cinema.
Words from Jim:
“With the release of the Dragon sensor… I have finished my mission. I am done posting. I will no longer be the face of RED. Mercifully, Jarred will take my place and he is worthy times forever. Jarred is me… only 30 years younger.
I have done my best. I saw a fatal flaw ...
With just a month to go before the EPIC sensor upgrades begin, the first real world images from the RED EPIC DRAGON have been released.
Mark Toia, a REDUser member was fortunate enough to get his hands on one of the first EPIC DRAGON cameras, and has released the above video. Mark reports that he’s received no input from Jim and the RED team, and that this test is completely impartial, and more of less straight out of the camera. Words from Mark:
“Jim and Jarred have not pressured me in anyway (surprisingly enough) which was great… if there is a problem or it did not meet my expectations, then I decided I would share good and bad…
So I’m glad they left me alone and a credit to them for trusting me…This is as basic a test as you can get, so there are no manipulated images… nothing went to Resolve or any other grading program other than RCX (REDCINE-X) No colour keying, no noise reduction, no nothing… This is as basic as it gets, straight out of the camera then into RCX for a very basic curve which was applied to a RED LOG film setting”...
In a topic named “Double Dragon” Jarred Land from RED posted these two still grabs from a prototype RED Dragon sensor shooting camera.
Jarred Land wrote:
Dragon shot on Prototype Dragon 6K 2:1 @ 86FPS 180 Shutter.
2000 ASA for the FPS. No dead pixel calibration yet. Shot on Canon 100mm Macro @ F11. ...
US Camera Manufacturer RED has been talking about their new camera sensor named “dragon” for quite a while. In a recent announcement at reduser.net Jarred Land posted this early grab from footage taken with the new sensor. ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Video Review: Pentax K-3 – at the orchid exhibition Camera manufacturer Pentax (now Ricoh Imaging) has been rather quiet in terms of video functionality ...
- Review Part 2: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in the field Important notes concerning the video above: • After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K ...
- Review Part 1: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K vs. Canon 1DC Well, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is finally here. And we've put it through a ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- Core Melt 's Slice X for FCPX - Review and Tutorial - t.co/9Ghdw8qr9c Time ago 9 Hours via cinema5D
- Panasonic GH4 official pricing released. - t.co/XYXv5uDpMR Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
- Canon gets rid of the EOS 6D - $1050 OFF on kit deal? - t.co/hGcGqWAQwp Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.