PrimeCircle is an italian company that rehouses Zeiss photo lenses to make them more cinema capable at a price lower than real cinema lenses. The rehousing adds sturdiness and ergonomics. (Watch our in-depth video story on their project which we shot at NAB last year).
Today PrimeCircle announced the making of a “Silver Series” especially crafted for the Blackmagic Production Camera. ...
In September we’ve received information that due to production problems the Blackmagic Cinema Cameras are delayed once again. New information reveals that the wait may be even longer.
Kristian Lam from Blackmagic Design posted a statement on the Blackmagic forum concerning the current status. While it’s certainly positive that the company is so open regarding the situation, it’s frustrating for quite a lot of people who have bought the camera half a year ago and can download software updates for a device that’s not here yet. ...
Get your gear through B&H to support this platform: www.bhphotovideo.com
Get ready for the next batch of indie film equipment
Once again we’ll provide you with first hand coverage...
Pricing information on the new Kinefinity camera has been made official. The Chinese Alexa clone 2K digital cinema camera will start at $6300.
The basic kit lacks HD-SDI and WiFi (these are added extras) but you won’t be facing the kind of additional expense that a Red Scarlet body entails. 3 XLR audio jacks, HDMI for monitoring and standard generic SSD drives are the order of the day for the basic Kineraw kit.
This was shot with the lenses stopped down to around f4.0, some shots show some fringing though and others reveal something that looks like lens softness to me and I would think more open apertures were used at times. I think this suggests that the small sensor will probably bring out the worse parts in your large lenses. It would make sense as a much smaller portion of the glass is used on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s small sensor, but is blown up to HD resolution as we’re used to. ...
In this interview Dan Chung from DSLR News Shooter speaks to JH from Kinefinity, the Chinese based company that is about to release a digital cinema camera.
The camera has been resembling the industry leading Arri Alexa from the start, but it’s interesting to see a lot of...
EOSHD reports about new samples of the Chinese KineRAW cinema camera. A probably more affordable alternative to the Arri Alexa that looks equally if not more bulky and also records at 12bit 2K RAW.
The picture above is an uncompressed screenshot from one of the clips. The screenshot can be downloaded here:
Today Canon presented their new 4K line-up of cameras to us and pleased us with a 4K cinema projection at their “imagine what’s next” event in Las Vegas. ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
- Sleep, eat, taste wine and relax! – A Sony A7s camera video review EDIT: New from Cinema5d!. As part of our commitment to our readers, the A7s is ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 17 – Vitec Videocom & David Linstrom (“Wilfred”) To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. We welcomed our sponsor ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- Firmware 1.9 for Blackmagic 4K. Histrogram, audio levels plus more - t.co/rkFpwM2O6J Time ago 11 Hours via cinema5D
- Rolling Shutter - Sony A7S vs. the others - t.co/w6JpVDZJq0 Time ago 2 Days via cinema5D
- RT @benoitmars: More than 14 stops of dynamic range : Sony A7S vs. the others via @c5dnews and @nofilmschool t.co/LhFuJYd2tZ Time ago 3 Days via Tweetbot for Mac
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.