Canon didn’t release any new large sensor cameras at this NAB. Some people are unhappy, others rejoice that Canon takes their time to craft something relevant instead of throwing a spec sheet at us like many manufacturers seem to be in the habit of doing nowadays.
While Canon stays silent on the camera side, they did present a very noteworthy piece of glass at NAB 2014. Their new Cine-Servo Zoom is one of a kind. ...
Here is a new lens concept for a cine-powerzoom lens by Sony which few people noticed during NAB. Luckily our friends from nextwavedv notified me about the intriguing new product (see their Sony A7s coverage below). ...
The latest addition to the Samyang cine lens line-up is the 16mm T2.2 lens.
These lenses are a good choice for filmmakers on a budget who are looking to shoot with prime lenses that are somewhat cine-worthy. ...
We asked you to help us get the word out about our IBC 2012 coverage. Thanks for your help and participation.
We wrapped up the Tweet this Article to Win a Rokinon 35mm T1.5 CINE lens! contest is at its end.
The winner was picked out of over 2000 tweets. A random number was generated on Read more
If you’ve been shopping affordable manual prime lenses for your HDSLR then you’ve probably stumbled upon or even own the famous Samyang / Rokinon lenses like the $500 35mm f/1.4 or the $400 14mm ultra-wide.
“Rokinon 35mm T1.5 cine lens will be available in U.S in few weeks and Rokinon 24mm T1.5 & 14mm T3.1 cine lens will be available in U.S in September.” ...
Last week was a crazy ride. The two indie cinema revolutionizers RED and Canon presented their new tech and its impact can be expected to become huge.
There’s so much to talk about and cinema5D exists for just that purpose. We’ve installed new subcategories for all 3 models in our unique forums. Come in and join us.
Our forums comprise 2 major categories:
Here’s the Technicolor CineStyle Picture Style. A picture profile for your favourite Canon vdslr (meant for the 5D but apparently also works for other Canon dslrs) that squeezes your usually linear video signal into a logarhythmic logC curve. If you don’t know what’s going on let Josh explain and if you’re still clueless you might wanna check out nice lesson on LUTs (lookuptables) by Mitch Gross...
By: Jared Abrams
Canon has released a new Firmware Update for the Canon 5D Mark II. Here is a breakdown of the new added features from the Canon website.
This firmware update (Version 2.0.8) incorporates the following changes and fixes.Fixes a phenomenon in which movies are not taken at the shooting mode registered in the user’s settings if a shooting mode Aperture priority (or...
Latest Video Reviews
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
- Sleep, eat, taste wine and relax! – A Sony A7s camera video review EDIT: New from Cinema5d!. As part of our commitment to our readers, the A7s is ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 17 – Vitec Videocom & David Linstrom (“Wilfred”) To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. We welcomed our sponsor ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- RT @BHPhotoVideo: "Dynamic Range – Sony A7S vs. the others" t.co/CCzuP19IzW via @c5dnews Time ago 6 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- Boda Jib Kickstarter - High Capacity Compact Jib - t.co/I1n4stNNVI Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
- Firmware 1.9 for Blackmagic 4K. Histrogram, audio levels plus more - t.co/rkFpwM2O6J Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.