Posts Tagged ‘blackmagic’
Important notes concerning the video above:
• After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K review unit we were holding publication of this article until we received a replacement unit from Blackmagic today.
• Now that we have a replacement camera in our hands we can confirm that the initial concerns are correct and seem to be consistent.
• The footage the camera produces IS sharp. It is not only important to shoot with...
Blackmagic Design has cut the price of its global shutter 4K Production Camera from $3999 to $2999 – probably as a reaction to the announcement of the Panasonic GH4 last week, which is rumored to be priced at $1999 with a similar price tag on the optional XLR/SDI accessory for 10bit 4:2:2 4K output. (Official price in Europe will be € 2735.)
The Blackmagic 4K Production Camera is available for order from B&H now.
In Europe, AF Marcotec offers the camera for € 2.079 net price with an additional €50 off with the exclusive code C5DBMPC4K, valid only until Feb 28.
The price drop will be extended to all pre-orders too, a move that will bring Blackmagic Design a lot of additional sympathy for sure. ...
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema is a very unique camera, it has a fantastic image quality to size ratio; one that’s fairly un-challenged with other cameras straight out-of-the-box.
However, like many cameras it’s also one that benefits from the addition of third party applications. Battery solutions, audio devices, external monitors all contribute to making the camera more useable in the professional field.
These can often bulk the camera up, past the point of being “pocket friendly”. This is the main selling point of the camera; it provides cinematic quality images in a package that fits in your pocket. It’s therefore great to see third party products that stay true to this form factor, increasing its function or usability without deterring from the core values of the product....
The Blackmagic Cinema Cameras have just become a whole lot more attractable, and by no result of their own. Metabones has just released two new Speedbooster adaptors specifically for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT and Pocket Cinema Camera that provide a further increase in low sensitivity and wider angle of view....
By now you have probably seen the viral 24 hour music video by Pharrell Williams. If you haven’t you should check out the dedicated website 24hoursofhappy.com that presents you a clock to scrub through 24 hours of individual people dancing and having fun in front of the camera. ...
Blackmagic Design has released firmware version 1.5 for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, enabling the camera to record in Cinema DNG Raw....
Our friend Dan Chung from newsshooter.com was covering BIRTV-2013, the biggest broadcast exhibition in China and had a chance to talk to Blackmagic design Richard Lim about their pocket cinema camera.
According to Lim, small quantities are now shipping and the audio issue...
Back in 2011, Mosaic Engineering brought an interesting product to the table; a removable “anti-aliasing” filter that removes moiré from fine detail within your image. It was first made available for the Canon 5D mark ii, to which a handful more Canon DSLRs followed suit, and even one for the Nikon D800. ...
Latest Video Reviews
- NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 8 – G-Technology In a new episode of our talk format ON THE COUCH, Greg Crosby from G-Technology ...
- NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 7 – B&H Our lead sponsor for ON THE COUCH is B&H - a camera and ...
- NAB 2014 – ON THE COUCH – ep 6 – Zacuto, Rodney Charters, ASC & Bruce Logan, ASC This is a very special (sixth) 50 minute episode of ON THE COUCH, in which ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch – Talk Show
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- “@ryanbkoo: Post-Production Tools are Changing the DP's Role. Is #4K Affecting That Role Even More? t.co/Koz2P6gbls @c5dnews” Time ago 8 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- Lytro Illum - Next Generation of Light Field Cameras - t.co/Y8twPZdn8A Time ago 10 Hours via cinema5D
- @nabtweets @NABShow NAB 2014 – I DON’T NEED THIS STUFF t.co/ul1LYYxhcp Time ago 3 Days via Twitter
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.