Blackmagic has followed through with their promise for regular updates, announcing firmware version 1.8.2 bringing all flavours of Apple ProRes 422 to their current cameras.
Blackmagic Design was never shy of dropping prices when they smell competition – it’s all over town that the Panasonic GH4 is a blockbuster and the Sony A7s is on its way of becoming one. So someone powerful at Blackmagic Design decided to cut the Pocket Cinema Camera’s price – in half.
Yes, you heard that...
Metabones has announced another great looking adaptor. The new speedbooster will adapt Canon EF mount to MFT specifically for use with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC).
A Canon EF to MFT (micro four thirds) speedbooster has been long awaited, however for a lot of people the wait continues as this adaptor is made for use with the
on 24th June 2014
under Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Design, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Production Camera 4K, Blackmagic Studio Camera, Camera Bodies, Firmware, Firmware Update, News
After a false start, Blackmagic has released firmware version 1.8 affecting most of their current cameras.
Important notes concerning the video above:
• After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K review unit we were holding publication of this article until we received a replacement unit from Blackmagic today.
• Now that we have a replacement camera in our hands we can confirm that the initial concerns are correct and seem to be consistent.
• The footage the camera produces IS sharp. It is not only important to shoot with...
Blackmagic Design has cut the price of its global shutter 4K Production Camera from $3999 to $2999 – probably as a reaction to the announcement of the Panasonic GH4 last week, which is rumored to be priced at $1999 with a similar price tag on the optional XLR/SDI accessory for 10bit 4:2:2 4K output. (Official price in Europe will be € 2735.)
The Blackmagic 4K Production Camera is available for order from B&H now.
In Europe, AF Marcotec offers the camera for € 2.079 net price with an additional €50 off with the exclusive code C5DBMPC4K, valid only until Feb 28.
The price drop will be extended to all pre-orders too, a move that will bring Blackmagic Design a lot of additional sympathy for sure. ...
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema is a very unique camera, it has a fantastic image quality to size ratio; one that’s fairly un-challenged with other cameras straight out-of-the-box.
However, like many cameras it’s also one that benefits from the addition of third party applications. Battery solutions, audio devices, external monitors all contribute to making the camera more useable in the professional field.
These can often bulk the camera up, past the point of being “pocket friendly”. This is the main selling point of the camera; it provides cinematic quality images in a package that fits in your pocket. It’s therefore great to see third party products that stay true to this form factor, increasing its function or usability without deterring from the core values of the product....
Latest Video Reviews
- Pad Prompter by OneTakeOnly – Minute Review First off my apologies for the bad audio quality - a setting in the lav ...
- Sleep, eat, taste wine and relax! – A Sony A7s camera video review EDIT: New from Cinema5d!. As part of our commitment to our readers, the A7s is ...
- ON THE COUCH – ep 17 – Vitec Videocom & David Linstrom (“Wilfred”) To watch all ON THE COUCH episodes so far, click here. We welcomed our sponsor ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- On the Couch
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- Test Lab
- The Art
- RT @BHPhotoVideo: "Dynamic Range – Sony A7S vs. the others" t.co/CCzuP19IzW via @c5dnews Time ago 4 Hours via Tweetbot for Mac
- Boda Jib Kickstarter - High Capacity Compact Jib - t.co/I1n4stNNVI Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
- Firmware 1.9 for Blackmagic 4K. Histrogram, audio levels plus more - t.co/rkFpwM2O6J Time ago 3 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.