Magic Lantern 2.3 is here – and it looks pretty good
The testing phase for Magic Lantern 2.3 is over. Magic Lantern 2.3 release version is now here and the creators say it’s no longer a “hack”.
We can safely say it’s no longer a hack, but it’s strongly heading towards a solid piece of engineering that you can trust.
We have worked a lot on bug-fixing and usability improvements and we sincerely hope you will find it a great companion for all your shooting sessions – from hobbyist to professional.
- Full support for 5D mark II
- Supports latest Canon firmware for 5D mark II, 60D, 600D and 50D
- Fast Zebras
- Customizable menu and shortcut keys
- Automatic HDR bracketing
- Timelapse features
- Advanced ISO control (ISO 80, improved highlight rolloff, ISO 51200…)
- Advanced FPS control (24.000 FPS and 0.2 FPS possible)
- New menu design
- Image analysis tools in photo mode
- Contrast and saturation adjustments for LiveView
- Improved Stability
- Very fast playback zoom
I really liked the video that showcases the Magic Lantern HDR functionality:
For more details see this nice overview page: LINK
ML 2.3 works on Canon 5D Mark II 2.1.2, 550D 1.0.9, 60D 1.1.1, 600D 1.0.2, 50D 1.0.9 and 500D 1.1.1.
Download the Magic Lantern not-hack here: LINK (bottom of page)
Discuss Magic Lantern in our dedicated firmware forum