Here we have 7 different EVF mounts, or viewfinder mounts, also used as monitor mounts. These dear pieces of equipment are utilized to hold your EVF in the correct place when working with a handheld rig. Not all of them are great. Here’s a review that shows you the functionality and usefulness of each of the devices. ...
Today is Halloween, so we figured it’s time to show you some gear from Transylvania!...
For a limited time only, Edelkrone are offering free worldwide shipping to orders over $100.
This offer ends on October 23rd, and provides a decent discount (particularly for international buyers) for people looking to buy the latest Edelkrone products.
Speaking of latest products, they recently brought out a new ultra compact camera rig – the
Zacuto wanted to look at ways of making the follow focus a more ergonomic and effective product for single operators. Two years into production and the Z-Drive is complete; a direct drive, compact angular follow focus unit....
There are many VDSLR rigs out there. None is perfect and to my opinion, none is really functioning as a “smart rig”, meaning, letting me seamlessly and comfortably work with a VDSLR on the shoulder “documentary style” when needed.
In the above video I’m sharing my experimental VDSLR advanced rig configuration. Far from perfect yet very much functional.
Here is what you will need:
Shape is a small canadian company who’s VDSLR accessories I tend to use often.
Their products are high-quality, reliable, built well but tend to be a bit heavy.
The Canon 1DC cage is no exception.
It’s robust, has a lot of accessory attachment holes and I like the 360 degree push button adjustable top...
Arri just announced a run-and-gun camera that seems to fulfill every documentary filmmakers dream. A complete “compact” working tool with Arri Alexa quality, slow motion capabilities, zoom control and no setup time working right out of the box.
You could think of it like an old fashioned video camera that had all the ergonomics and versatility laid out for fast one-man poduction, be it a documentary film or news gathering or old fashioned home videos....
Ever since its introduction at NAB 2013 with the help of Vincent Laforet, Freefly’s MōVI handheld camera stabilizing system has been the most-talked about camera stabilizing system bar none. While its gyro-powered mechanics are nothing new, the small package and the ability to handhold such a rig are big innovations that make cinematographers phantasize about camera movements that were considerably ...
Latest Video Reviews
- Video Review: Pentax K-3 – at the orchid exhibition Camera manufacturer Pentax (now Ricoh Imaging) has been rather quiet in terms of video functionality ...
- Review Part 2: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K in the field Important notes concerning the video above: • After some concerns with our Blackmagic Production Camera 4K ...
- Review Part 1: Blackmagic Production Camera 4K vs. Canon 1DC Well, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is finally here. And we've put it through a ...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- By submitting your e-mail you agree to our newsletter opt-out policy.
- Camera Bodies
- Blackmagic Design
- Canon 1100D
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 1D
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1DC
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 5D mk2
- Canon EOS 5D mk3
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D mk2
- Canon EOS C100
- Canon EOS C300
- Canon EOS C50
- Canon EOS C500
- Canon EOS M
- Canon EOS T2i / 550D
- Canon EOS T3i / 600D
- Canon EOS T4i / 650D
- Canon EOS T5i / 700D
- Canon Powershot G1 X
- Concept Cameras
- Leica M type 240
- P+S Technik
- Camera Movement
- cinema5D news
- Editing & Field Recording
- Follow Focus
- Samyang lenses
- Sony PMW-300
- The Art
- Thunderbolt RAID Pegasus 2 R4 - a first look - t.co/Wq5drrGuSH Time ago 1 Day via cinema5D
- Samyang/Rokinon/Bower 16mm T2.2 cine lens reduced by $100 until 11:59PM EST. Best affordable “cine” lens deals here: t.co/myyJ5gZ86x Time ago 2 Days via Tweet Button
- Axis360 - 3-axis motorised camera systems Kickstarter - t.co/knCODufbCJ Time ago 2 Days via cinema5D
Follow @c5dnews on twitter.