Genus have designed a nice looking cage for the GoPro Hero 3. The cage is a made from aluminium and will house a Hero 3 both with and without it’s native protective case.
The cage offers a hefty amount of protection for use in the professional field, with over 30 1/4-20 and 3/8 threads for an array of different mounting options.
There is a window to allow use of both the USB and mini HDMI ports. It also adds a nice 52mm thread to the front element to allow use of conventional filters.
Here is list of further features and specifications:
- GoPro Mount adaptor allows 14 different mounting positions.
- 30 separate mounting positions using ¼”-20 threaded holes.
- 6 separate 3/8″-16 threaded holes.
- Built in 52mm Filter Thread, allowing for filters, and lens adaptors.
- Precision CNC Aluminium housing for 360-degree protection,
- Accessibility Window to allow for HDMI output and USB external Power
- Safety line anchor point, to allow for attachment of lanyards, Carabiners etc.
- Can sit the GoPro camera flat on a surface whilst in the waterproof housing.
- Cage allows lens to be centred optically with a tripod or other camera mount.
- Naked GoPro Adaptor Shims, allowing the use of camera without housing to combat lens-fogging issues.
Price is currently not available on the official Genus website. The cage will be available in two colours; Black and Champagne.
We have inside knowledge that Genus with further collaboration will be releasing more on this platform. We’ll release further information as it’s unveils.